pop up huge delay to show

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

pop up huge delay to show

Postby radamesbispo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:41 am

First I liked so much how much stats I get with notecaddy, and I work harder to create a very nice custom hud for me...... the problem I had to create a lot of pop up with notecaddy stats and when I click to see the info the pop-up delay so much and is impossible to use the info while we use more than 2 tabes at a time.... I wanted to know what can be done to optimize the time of pop up appear from seconds to milliseconds? what can be done? in the database or any setting or what? I think have no reason for a very good system that doesn't work in the moment that should be working...
radamesbispo

Re: pop up huge delay to show

Postby nostrakhan » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:21 pm

radamesbispo wrote:First I liked so much how much stats I get with notecaddy, and I work harder to create a very nice custom hud for me...... the problem I had to create a lot of pop up with notecaddy stats and when I click to see the info the pop-up delay so much and is impossible to use the info while we use more than 2 tabes at a time.... I wanted to know what can be done to optimize the time of pop up appear from seconds to milliseconds? what can be done? in the database or any setting or what? I think have no reason for a very good system that doesn't work in the moment that should be working...

Hello radamesbispo,

To increase performance and make the popups populate more quickly please go into your NoteCaddy settings and enable 'Store temporary images on a RAM drive'.  

The way that HM3/PT4 works with NC is that the first time you load a popup for a player it may not be instantaneous, but the subsequent times that you open a popup for that same player it will load near instantly.

Some things that will make the popup loading lag a bit are:
1) More hands = more data to process = longer loading times.  So if you have many hands that you don't need anymore in your database, then create a new database and just import the hands that you need.
2) More NC and HM3 stats/notes in your popups = longer loading times.  If your popups have a lot of stats/notes or extra cells that you don't need, you can try cleaning them up a bit and it should help with performance.
nostrakhan

Return to NoteCaddy