PokerStars: low system resources.

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby foodformoney » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Hey. I've successfully been playing for a long while w PT4 on PS. The last two sessions after loading up 24 tables I have been unable to open up new ones. I get a PS error message saying "low system resources". I checked my task manager while playing. It says that CPU (total processor utilisation) is on 10%, memory on 48% and disk on 6%. I googled the problem and didn't catch anything noteworthy other than diasbling "remember table positioning". It didn't help. Once I closed down all 24 tables I could open up new ones. I don't have a lot of other processes ruynning meanwhile on my cpr so I'm wondering if you have any solution to my problem. Thanks.
foodformoney
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby foodformoney » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Could it be that I have setup PokerStars to save hand histories for 9999 days and now with a database on 19GB it has problem handelling how many hands I have saved in the folder?
foodformoney
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:11 am

PT4 moves the hand history files after they have been imported (by default) so the length of time you set them to save for doesn't matter. A large database will use more system resources and reduce what is available somewhat. What CPU and how much RAM does your computer have?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby foodformoney » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:29 am

WhiteRider wrote:PT4 moves the hand history files after they have been imported (by default) so the length of time you set them to save for doesn't matter. A large database will use more system resources and reduce what is available somewhat. What CPU and how much RAM does your computer have?


I use a AMD A10-5700 APU processor and with a RAM at 8 GB. 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.
foodformoney
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby foodformoney » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:46 am

Windows 8.1
HP, p6-2340eo
8192MB RAM
foodformoney
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 am

That system should cope with your database, but with so many tables open you're still using a lot of resources. You could try adding a new database and just using that in the Hud and see if that makes a difference?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby martomchat » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:34 am

Hi all,

I have been running the exact same issue for 3-4 days now.

I've a new (dec 2013) and powerful computer, am not running tons of softwares while playing (basically pt4, TN, excel, skype, firefox).

I've been emailing the support about this, here is the answer i got after my 2nd email :

The issue you are having has been reported to our Programming Team and they are currently working on a fix.

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to provide a time frame for a resolution of this issue. However, we are aware how important it is for this to be corrected and are working with haste to get it fixed.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience in dealing with this issue.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,


I hope it will be fixed soon because it's decreasing our hourly/focus pretty hard.
martomchat
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:55 am

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby vilo1070 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem with opening PokerStars tables via PT TableTracker. And the mesage appears even when I open the first table, so the problem isn"t in my low system resources for sure.
When I am opening tables via PokerStars client directly (without runnig nor PokerTracker neither Tabletracker) this issue doesn't issue.

Thank you for quick solution of this problem.
vilo1070
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:09 am

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby kraada » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Please restart PT4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: PokerStars: low system resources.

Postby murmanman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:43 am

I remember when I have "low system resources" pokerstars problem it always depends of my Layout. Because when they update client they sometimes add new lines to user.ini and old layots dont work and get "low system resources" error.

Try to open client with different layouts and try to change pokerstars6 to pokerstars7 client or vice versa.
murmanman
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:56 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests