Definition of Squeeze

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Definition of Squeeze

Postby Oakrdrzfan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:03 pm

What is the definition of squeeze? The stats for a custom stat that I made are not coming out correct, and I think it is due to a difference in definition for a squeeze.

My squeeze definition:

One player raises and another cold calls it. The squeeze is when a 3rd player 3 bets the original raiser and cold caller. Is this correct?

Also, I tried looking this up on the schema and it did not give the definition of squeeze. I believe the documentation should define things like this so we are all talking the same language.
Oakrdrzfan
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:56 am

That's how I would think it is defined, although I think there may be any number of callers of the raise.
However, since the database contains 'squeeze' fields, I can't tell how it's actually defined.
As always, if you find any hands which you think are incorrectly reported then please send them to us via the Support system , and link to this thread in the reference field of the ticket so that we can investigate.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby Oakrdrzfan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:50 am

WhiteRider wrote:That's how I would think it is defined, although I think there may be any number of callers of the raise.
However, since the database contains 'squeeze' fields, I can't tell how it's actually defined.
As always, if you find any hands which you think are incorrectly reported then please send them to us via the Support system , and link to this thread in the reference field of the ticket so that we can investigate.


That is why we need to know the definitions to ensure we all are talking the same language. I will do some more research on my stats, cause I do think there is an error. I will then submit a ticker
Oakrdrzfan
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:01 am

I'll ask Josh or Derek to clarify.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby Oakrdrzfan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:21 am

WhiteRider wrote:I'll ask Josh or Derek to clarify.


thanks. Once I know, i will then do the research
Oakrdrzfan
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:31 am

Player A raises, Player B calls, Player C re-raises. Player C squeezed.

If you want to look at how frequently a player was squeezed, look into the follow fields:

  • flg_p_squeeze_def_opp
  • enum_p_squeeze_action
Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:38 am

Presumably this includes A raise, B call, C call, D re-raise = squeeze?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby Oakrdrzfan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:34 pm

APerfect10 wrote:Player A raises, Player B calls, Player C re-raises. Player C squeezed.

If you want to look at how frequently a player was squeezed, look into the follow fields:

  • flg_p_squeeze_def_opp
  • enum_p_squeeze_action
Best regards,

Derek


that is what I thought. I will do some more testing, as my first tests showed a bug.
Oakrdrzfan
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:18 pm

If you find an error, let us have the hand history.
Thanks.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Definition of Squeeze

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:50 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Presumably this includes A raise, B call, C call, D re-raise = squeeze?


Correct. There could be any number of callers as long as there is a raise in front and a re-raise behind.
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Next

Return to General [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests