PT2 imports hands extemely slowly

Any support related posts should go here.

PT2 imports hands extemely slowly

Postby cool32steve » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 pm

I converted my database to PostgreSQL, and since the hands import extremely slowly. I found a file with only one hand in it, and it took 17 minutes to import. What can I do?
cool32steve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: PT2 imports hands extemely slowly

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:20 am

Use the Utilities > PostgreSQL Database Functions window to do a full vacuum/analyze.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT2 imports hands extemely slowly

Postby cool32steve » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:48 pm

I will try this, thanks!
cool32steve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: PT2 imports hands extemely slowly

Postby cool32steve » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:26 pm

I tried 2 full vacuum/analyze, and it still takes over 1 hour to import 100 hands. Anything else I can try?
cool32steve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: PT2 imports hands extemely slowly

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:23 am

Are you sure the "Auto-rate on import" box is not checked when you try to import hands? If it's not then it sounds like their is an index problem in that the database didn't fully convert so you should try converting the Access database again and make sure that you check the status after it's done to make sure it converted without errors.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT2 imports hands extemely slowly

Postby cool32steve » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Uh-oh... The first thing I tried to correct this issue was to delete the old database, thinking that there may be some conflict... Oh well, at least I have all my hand histories saved on CD... Thanks as always for the support!
cool32steve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest