No MS Access Database driver in Windows 7

Any support related posts should go here.

No MS Access Database driver in Windows 7

Postby driller » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:47 pm

A couple of years ago, I decided to set up my db's on an external hard drive because I split my time between my desktop and laptop. According to pat's (I think) instructions, I went in the ODBC Data Source Manager and set up my databases there as well as in pt and pto. Everything worked well, and I no longer had to copy the db from one computer to the other. The desktop was windows xp and the laptop was vista, but I had no problems running pt, pto, and pah on both computers.

Now, my new desktop is windows 7. I started to do the same thing on the new computer, but windows 7 doesn't have a ms access database driver. The program seems to be working ok, since I am using the external database as my default db. All the values checkout. However, the hands I play on my desktop don't appear in my external hh data base and vice-versa.

Today I tried to compact my hh and pt db's on my desktop. It seems to be taking a very long time, and I wonder if not having the driver installed in windows 7 might be the cause.
driller
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:29 am

Re: No MS Access Database driver in Windows 7

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:30 pm

I've never used Windows 7 so I don't know why it wouldn't be showing up. Maybe check the registry settings for ODBC to see if you can change the settings to point to the files on the external hard drive instead of the C drive.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest