Unable to Connect to port 5432

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby Mixxy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:24 pm

Ok... I seem to have lost my PT2 database.

I have been trying to get my PT3 up and running and was messing around with HUD configurations today... all got very messy and program started to crash constantly so I uninstalled PT3 and reinstalled it.

Since then I can no longer get back into my PT2 database... I get this message:

Error #1
Unable to connect to PostgreSQL (port '5432) to get the list of databases. The error was 160 - SQLSTATE = IM003
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (PostgreSQL Unicode)

Whats happened???
Mixxy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Did it also uninstall PostgreSQL when you uninstalled PT3?
What version of PostgreSQL are you using? Did you have PostgreSQL installed before you installed PT3?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby Mixxy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Hiya,

I had Postgresql installed already. It seems to still be there in my files.

I am using version 8.3... Have just seen today's date next to it though so I think I installed PT3 with Postgresql... oops... I dont think I wanted to do that did i?

Is there anyway back?

thanks
Mixxy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Download PostgreSQL 8.3 again...
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/downloa ... .3.1-1.zip

Extract the files from the ZIP file into a separate folder and double-click on the postgresql-8.3.msi file.
If prompted to Modify or Remove, select Modify.
On the next window, click on the "Database Server" arrow and select "Entire feature will be unavailable".
Do this with the "User Interfaces" option only.
The only thing that shouldn't have an "X" next to it is the "Application Stack Builder" option.
Click next to continue the install.

Then go to the c:\program files\postgresql\8.3\bin folder and double-click on the StackBuilder.exe file and follow the directions here...
archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=24880

Once this is done, try running PT again.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby Mixxy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:39 pm

It wont let me d/l it and install it.

Say's another verison is already there.

If I try and start from the second part I cant find the stack-builder it's not there.

:(

Do I need to uninstall first? Or does that lose everything for good?
Mixxy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby Mixxy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Hmmm ok I got to the stack builder... by going to my control panel and dowloading the file by repairing older version it had PT3 as source so change that to the postgresql 8.3.msi file...

when stack builder opens I only get remote server as an option on the drop down list not PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3.

Chose this, followed rest of instructions and got an error message at the end.

It hasn't worked.
Mixxy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:45 pm

Are you able to connect using pgAdmin? Go to the Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > pgAdmin III window.
Right-click the red X near the top left part of the window and select Connect. Enter your p/w when prompted.
Does it connect so you can see a list of your databases or does it give an error? If it gives an error, what is it?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby Mixxy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Ummm that now appears to not be there... I just have the stack-builder :?
Mixxy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:42 pm

OK, do you have a c:\program files\postgresql\8.3\data folder? If so, what are the SUB-FOLDER names in this folder. Those should contain your data files.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Unable to Connect to port 5432

Postby Mixxy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:57 pm

yes I have that... sub folder names are;

base
global
pg_clog
pg_log
pg_multixact
pg_subtrans
pg_tbspc
pg_twophase
pg_xlog

There are other files too. Configuration files I think.
pg_hba.conf
pg_ident.conf
PG_VERSION
postgresql.conf
postmaster.opts
Mixxy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 am

Next

Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests