by PJs Ronin » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:50 pm
I don't want to keep harping on this, but the results are still not as I anticipated. The idea behind translucency/opacity is, imo, twofold. First, to reduce stealing of focus from the task at hand, playing poker, that occurs by 'overloading' a limited display area with too much information. Second, to conserve scarce table real estate. Individually or combined, the translucency and opacity options try and support this.
However, the ability to set stat background as transparent (and thus allow table data to show through the HUD) is over-ridden by the opacity option which adjusts the opacity of stats AND background. So, if I set stat background to 'clear' and set opacity to 50%, the stat background effectively becomes 50%.
The solution would appear to be for PT4 to adjust stat translucency the same way the background translucency is set and thus remove the need for the opacity option.