Page 1 of 1

Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:47 pm
by RuiVieira
Hi there
I would like to understand how can I interpretate this stats in play

Float Flop ; Float Turn / Fold Turn to Float / Fold River to Float
Probe Flop ; Probe Turn / Fold Turn Probe

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:14 pm
by Flag_Hippo
A float is when a player bets in position after the preflop aggressor does not Cbet and a probe is when a player bets out of position after the preflop aggressor did not CBet in position on the previous street. Using the "Configure -> Statistics" menu option in PokerTracker 4 you can view descriptions and formulas for all the statistics. To find the stat you want you can use the "Search" function in the Statistics window. Once the statistic is selected you can view a description and formula for it on the "Details" tab.

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:57 am
by RuiVieira
Thanks for the answer

" probe is when a player bets out of position after the preflop aggressor did not CBet in position on the previous street"

This means
BU raises ; SB calls
FLop BU ck SB ck
Turn SB bet ?? ( like a donk bet ) ??

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:01 am
by Flag_Hippo
Yes that is correct. A donk bet is similar although that is when the player out of position bets before the aggressor from the previous street has a chance to act e.g.

[Donk Turn]
Preflop - BU raises, SB calls
Flop - SB checks, BU cbets, SB calls
Turn - SB bets

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:42 pm
by RuiVieira
Thanks a lot for the answer / help

What about STAB
Does it have another name in PT? And if yes I really believe it does ( but I cant find )
how does it works in play?

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:32 pm
by Flag_Hippo
Can you let me know exactly what you mean by "stab" with an example. Thank you.

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:53 am
by RuiVieira
I see players using other software and in popup they comment that stat STAB
I believe in PT had another name. But I dont know which one.

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:04 am
by Flag_Hippo
Thanks but you need to be more specific. "Stab" is a rather generic term for a bet and I've seen people use that to describe different kinds of bets however most of the time I see that term used to describe a float bet like here and here.

Re: Interpretation of stats Probe and FLoat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:51 pm
by mooooNy
Stab is all instances of floats and probes added up and divided by their oppurtunities imo.

Example stats attached, hope this is useful for someone.