Lock HUD feature

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby KuPoB_K » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

kraada wrote:I'm not aware of any shortcut for unlocking.

I have to say I'm a bit perplexed and I hope some of you can explain this to me - we have had many many requests for a Lock option for PT3. Can you explain what problems you are experiencing where your HUD needs to be unlocked regularly?

When you play more tables the hud constantly gets in the way. It covers, stacks, bet sizes, dealer buttons, player names - you name it! And i am really surprised when you say you got many requests for locking it. There is like zero benefit of the hud being locked imo, none! The only thing it does is breaks the flow of the game.
KuPoB_K
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:59 am

The HUD's default locations certainly should not cover buttons you need to press in order to play - can you tell me what site and table size you're looking at where the default options do that?

As for covering other table elements that you want to only see, you might want to take a look at one of our new features: Lower Opacity Until Mouseover.

You can turn this on in the Hud Profile Editor (Hud --> Edit Hud Profiles) by choosing the Table Group and setting Display Type to "Lower Opacity Until Mouseover". This will make the data more transparent if your mouse is not over it. In this way you can see everything on the table, but if you want to see stats on one particular player, you can mouse over his HUD and it will pop in front of whatever is displayed there normally. You can set the default opacity for this setting in the Hud --> Edit Hud Options --> General Settings area.

Please let me know if this option (which we included for people who hate table clutter!) will work better for your needs.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby KuPoB_K » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:26 pm

kraada wrote:The HUD's default locations certainly should not cover buttons you need to press in order to play - can you tell me what site and table size you're looking at where the default options do that?



There is a screenshot of 3 different rooms where the default hud even too small to read still covers info and some buttons. I also took one with transparent background.
HUD PT4.png
(439.84 KiB) Downloaded 2618 times

PT4 HUD Transparent.png
(443.96 KiB) Downloaded 2665 times
KuPoB_K
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby PartyAnimal » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 pm

kraada wrote:As for covering other table elements that you want to only see, you might want to take a look at one of our new features: Lower Opacity Until Mouseover.
This is a nice feature (once the grid mode bug is fixed). Not being forced to unlock 10+ tables every time you multi-table would also be a nice feature. After playing millions of hands in PT3, I've never wished for a lock feature to be the default.
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby PJs Ronin » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 pm

@ KuPoB_K

I feel your pain in trying to resolve stat placement on tables with limited 'free' real estate. If I can offer some suggestions on your plight:

~ remove stats abbreviations. It doesn't take long to learn which is which and a quick mouseover will give the stat name anyway.
~ if you haven't already done so, make sure you are using at least 2 stat groups. That allows you finer control over where stats are placed and some latitude with opacity and background transparency. For instance, I would set your first line with a solid black background and park the stat line over the players name in the player box... I don't care who is who in the zoo, so long as I get their money :)
~ perhaps also try inserting a new line stat in your current '2nd line' so that the stats become more 'boxy' and can thus be placed next to a players box instead of just above and below.

Here's my HUD for Pokerstars PLO. I have just as much information as your HUD but in a lot less space and (I think) better positioned.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(547.91 KiB) Downloaded 2647 times
PJs Ronin
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby KuPoB_K » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i appreciate it.

And while they help to e certain extent it would be so much easier and convenient to have the permanent unlock option, or as suggested in one of the posts have "hold left mouse click" being able to drag HUD and just left click for popup.
Also the constant lock is pretty annoying if you play MTT's on a site where PT4 does not auto recognize the amount of seats on the table. Then you have to manually select the treat as option abut the stats a scrambled so you have to unlock, readjust, save and lock, only to have to do it again once you have moved table.
KuPoB_K
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm

So then part of the problem is that the tables aren't being detected properly and thus the HUD isn't being put where it should - we're working to correct that, please let us know if the upcoming beta works better for you in that regard. I hope you agree that if everything worked like it should, this would be a lot less of an issue.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby KuPoB_K » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 pm

^^^^Look at my screenshots above. The hud is covering everything AND it is too small to read. If i make the numbers bigger it gets even messier. I don't mind the mess but i mind when it is covering parts i need to see or use. Is adding an unlock option going to be really that difficult? or, is there any particular reason you do not want to have this as an option?
KuPoB_K
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Lock HUD feature

Postby PartyAnimal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:47 am

Thanks for the tips. I have made a lot of changes to the PT4 default HUD. Since PT4 has way too much spacing within the stat group, I split it into two stat groups. Instead of using the "/" separator, I used a middle dot "·" suffix (Alt+0183) to save a little space.
PJs Ronin wrote:I feel your pain in trying to resolve stat placement on tables with limited 'free' real estate. If I can offer some suggestions on your plight:

~ remove stats abbreviations. It doesn't take long to learn which is which and a quick mouseover will give the stat name anyway.
~ if you haven't already done so, make sure you are using at least 2 stat groups. That allows you finer control over where stats are placed and some latitude with opacity and background transparency. For instance, I would set your first line with a solid black background and park the stat line over the players name in the player box... I don't care who is who in the zoo, so long as I get their money :)
~ perhaps also try inserting a new line stat in your current '2nd line' so that the stats become more 'boxy' and can thus be placed next to a players box instead of just above and below.
PartyAnimal
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 am

Previous

Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests