HUD tooltips not closing

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD tooltips not closing

Postby Stally » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:48 pm

After moving the mouse over a player stat in the HUD, it brought up the tooltip. With this still onscreen, I then closed my poker application (Pokerstars). I found the tooltip didn't close (until i right clicked it in the Windows 7 status bar to "Close window").
Stally
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 am

Re: HUD tooltips not closing

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 am

I haven't been able to reproduce this.
How did you close PokerStars?
Did the tooltip remain when you moved the mouse away, or did you close Stars without moving the mouse?
Does this happen every time?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: HUD tooltips not closing

Postby Stally » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 am

Not sure how it happened to be honest. It only happened one time, and not sure of the circumstances, except that I would have closed my window with the close icon in the top right if the window, so my mouse would have moved away from the stat that popped up the tooltip. I'm not sure whether I closed the client with an open table, or closed the table and then the client. I wasn't playing on the table at the time I closed it (I was in the process of playing with my HUD).

Do the tooltips normally have their own box on the status bar? I assume not, but that's what I saw after closing the poker client - its presence was the reason I was able to easily close the tooltip. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot, hope this response is helpful.
Stally
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 am

Re: HUD tooltips not closing

Postby kraada » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:17 am

They don't normally. We'll keep our eyes out for this but if you see it again please try to keep close track of whatever you could have done to cause it - this is the first report we've had of this particular behavior.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: HUD tooltips not closing

Postby tarix » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:40 am

There is a bug where tooltips could get orphaned from the windows they belong to. Hopefully with this fixed you won't see this issue any longer.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: HUD tooltips not closing

Postby whateverer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:05 am

I got same issue.

Using XP standard theme, athlon core 2duo, geforce 9600gt.

When i close poker window sometimes tooltip is left hanging aroud. I cant close it with right click or anything. When i close this from the process manager poker tracker freeze.

I use hotkeys and auto-closing tables when sitting out, so i think it is something related to closing when tooltip is not fully drawn, or something.
Also when i move mouse aroud fast, and stop it somewhere (say in the corner near the clock) the last possible tooltip is appearing in his right place, even thouugh mouse is away from there.

Today i discovered that whaen i click 'stop getting hands' frozen tooltips dissappear wit the hud.

Not a major bug, but still disturbing. Oh, and frozen tooltips create new windows in bar.

Hope this was helpful.
whateverer
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:04 am

Re: HUD tooltips not closing

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:53 am

We believe this should be fixed for the next PT4 beta - if it's not please let us know once you have that version.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests