Probe Response.

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Probe Response.

Postby acesjohn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:03 pm

There are things i agree and disagree with when looking at a multi-way pot and i am looking to change what I disagree with.

I agree the "probe bet" is good, a bet has been made and it doesn't matter who calls/folds/raises...the probe bet was made.

However the response to probe stats seem a little disjointed. This is because PT counts: Probe + A Caller as facing a probe. I disagree with this, because I am facing a caller as well.

How can i re-code my "vs T Probe" F/C/R stats so that I am only facing a probe and not a probe + a call?

I do not want to use "cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_t = 2" because I want the times other players fold before me to count.

What do i need? There is no "def_opp_call". for me to AND NOT. Also positions of the through players can not be defined, unless i put every combo possible in, but that's a lot of combos.
acesjohn

Re: Probe Response.

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:27 pm

You can test for being the second person to put money in on the turn by adding this code:

Code: Select all
char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1)::int = cash_hand_player_statistics.position

*EDIT - that will not work for your 'Fold' stats since you don't put any money in so I will need to get back to you on that :) .
Flag_Hippo

Postby acesjohn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:You can test for being the second person to put money in on the turn by adding this code:

char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1)::int = cash_hand_player_statistics.position

*EDIT - that will not work for your 'Fold' stats since you don't put any money in so I will need to get back to you on that :) .

Thank you! Please do get back to me on the fold option!

I guess this isn't valid for the HU pots so i will need an "OR char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) = 2" in the code?
acesjohn

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 am

acesjohn wrote:I guess this isn't valid for the HU pots so i will need an "OR char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) = 2" in the code?

The code I gave will work fine in HU and multiway pots so you don't need to change anything and should add it just using 'AND' to your actions column (for the opportunities column you can add the code below).
acesjohn wrote:Please do get back to me on the fold option!

This was a bit more complex since you want to exclude callers in front of you but not exclude callers who call or check/call behind you:

and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1))
Flag_Hippo

Postby acesjohn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Flag_Hippo, you are completely awesome! Thank you! :D

How do I adjust the "probe_def_opp"? We are facing a probe but have not determined a fold/call/raise yet.

I'm thinking i can do this:

((char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1)::int = cash_hand_player_statistics.position) OR (and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1)))

But probably not :cry:

May i also ask what does "from 2 for 1) ::int" tell pokertracker? I've seen this in other code and didn't know what it meant.
acesjohn

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:18 pm

acesjohn wrote:How do I adjust the "probe_def_opp"? We are facing a probe but have not determined a fold/call/raise yet.

All you need to do is add the code exactly as I gave it to probe_def_opp and that will work for all hands whether HU postflop or multiway:

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_bet_facing > 0 and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_opp and lookup_actions_f.action = 'X' and not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp) and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1)), 1, 0])

acesjohn wrote:May i also ask what does "from 2 for 1) ::int" tell pokertracker? I've seen this in other code and didn't know what it meant.

See the 'Substring' section of this post for an explanation of how that works. ::int means 'cast to integer' so in this code

char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position

the value from the relevant point of the actors string can be compared to your own position so for your probe stat you don't want the first caller, if there is one, to have a position number greater than your own. Note that if you are testing a substring in this way you first need to test that this part of the string actually exists which is why char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 is there.
Flag_Hippo

Postby acesjohn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Thank you for the explanation Flag_Hippo. I will have to get my head around this information.

Question:

Can I use the code provided (for a probe response situation) for a delayed CBet situation also?

eg: players check to PF raiser on turn, they delay CBet....

Now if I use either the: "Fold/Opp" or "C/R" code, will this also ensure i am facing the delayed CBet without any through callers? The only difference between this situation and a Probe/Donk situation is that we chose to check before the bet. However we would still be the second player to put money in the pot.
acesjohn

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:48 pm

You'd need to re-work the turn actions parts of the expression to match what you want, but the rest should be OK if the earlier actions and the positions are the same.

If you want to test for a turn bet (opp) then you'd probably want to remove the "not" from the following for example:

not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp)

..and remove the test for amt_t_bet_facing > 0.
WhiteRider

Postby acesjohn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:06 pm

WhiteRider wrote:You'd need to re-work the turn actions parts of the expression to match what you want, but the rest should be OK if the earlier actions and the positions are the same.

If you want to test for a turn bet (opp) then you'd probably want to remove the "not" from the following for example:

not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_open_opp)

..and remove the test for amt_t_bet_facing > 0.

Sure, that makes sense.

Final question (for now):

How can I reverse the probe/donk situation, to ONLY INCLUDE THROUGH CALLS? I want to make a "post-flop squeeze" stat, but i don't know how to say "facing CBet/donk/probe+call".
acesjohn

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 am

If I understand correctly, you want to test for there being a bet and a call before the active player's first action?
For the turn that would be:
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_bet_facing > 0 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and

This says that the player faced a bet, there were at least 2 actions and both of the first two were by players who were out of position to the active player (because their position numbers are higher).
You'll need to add in any earlier street actions, and any subsequent turn actions you want to test for too.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles