What is M?

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

What is M?

Postby PeymanH » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi,
I see M as one of the stat options, but when I look on the stat guide line I don't see a definition for it,
What is M?
It can't be the Harrington M zone because I am looking at the table and the big stack's M is smaller than short stack so it's got to be something else... what is it?
PeymanH
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am

Re: What is M?

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm

It is Harrington's M. The stat for the HUD is based on the information at the end of the previous hand so can be wrong if the limits just changed, but it doesn't sound like that is your issue.
What I suspect you're seeing is a symptom of the Refresh Rates setting (HUD Options). This setting means that when you have more hands on a player their stats don't update so often, and because of the way that M works, if the stats don't update every hand it will go out of date.
To avoid that you can set one Refresh Rate range from 0 to 999999 hands to update every hand.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: What is M?

Postby PeymanH » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:42 pm

When I look at the refresh rate I see 2 lines:
Min Max Refresh every
100 200 10
200 100000 20-------line highlighted

which line should I change?
Also you said 0 to 99999 which is 2 numbers, what about the 3 row?
Thanks
PeymanH
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am

Re: What is M?

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:07 am

Did you read the HUD Options tutorial?

You need to have all possible numbers of hands covered by the ranges, and if you only have those two lines then the stats won't update at all when you have less than 100 hands on a player.
If you want to use the M stat in your hard then you need to change the settings so that you have a single line reading:
0 999999 1
I.e. between zero and 999999 hands, update every one hand.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: What is M?

Postby PeymanH » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 am

perfect thank you,
Now if I wanted HUD to only take into account the last say 20 or 30 hands for the stats is the refresher the place to change that too?
like change it to 0-30 ?
I guess I have to remember to change it back when I want to go over my already played hands right?
PeymanH
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am

Re: What is M?

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 am

No – that setting specifies how often the HUD stats update, not how many hands are used.
If a range is defined as: A B X..
When a player has between A and B hands in your database their stats update then their stats will update every X new hands they play.
So your new range (0 - 999999 : 1) says that when ever they have between zero and 999999 (effectively any number of hands) their stats will update every hand. Every update will use all of their played hands (unless any other HUD filter reduces this).
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: What is M?

Postby PeymanH » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:18 am

ok thank you,
btw, if I wanted to limit PT to use only the hands of the current game, do I check the box above refresh where it says:
Stats from current tournament blind level only ?
right now, the box "Retrive Session stats for tool tips" is checked... should I leave that checked if check the box above or uncheck?

My objective here is to limit PT to the current tournament for obtaining stats.
PeymanH
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am

Re: What is M?

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:48 am

PeymanH wrote:My objective here is to limit PT to the current tournament for obtaining stats.

That isn't currently possible for your opponents (but is the case for "hero" automatically).
This will be added in a future version, but I don't have a timescale for it yet.

"Stats from current tournament blind level only" will display stats from hands played at the current blind level, but from all previous tournaments.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: What is M?

Postby PeymanH » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm

ok thanks,
How about that "Stats from the last __ hands" ?
I tried putting 20 there and it said at 20 cache will not work.. could I use that function to limit the hands it goes back to?

and how about the player ranges below it? what does that help with?
PeymanH
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 am

Re: What is M?

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 pm

The 'last X hands' option will cause stats to be displayed from only the last X hands that a player played, but from any tournament. It means that the cache cannot be used so may affect performance if you have a large database.

For an explanation of the Player Ranges feature please read the Tutorial: Configuring HUD Options.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests